2019 Spring STMTC Vintage Military Rifle Postal Match This one's a bit different from last year's; distance increased from 50 to 100 yards, the aiming black is slightly larger, and the required rifle action is semi-auto, not bolt action, e.g., any sem-iauto military rifle designed prior to 1955, caliber .256 (6.5mm) or greater, up to .32 cal.
Note the lengthy date window to participate; this allows scheduling your range visits to avoid rainy weather, since this event covers springtime in South Texas. NOTE: To ensure your results count, we urge you to definitely not wait until the last minute to participate. Just keep in mind the spirit and intent of this training: Get out and exercise your vintage military firearm! Download and print targets beneath the guidelines.
• No match fee!
• Eligible rifles: Any semiauto military rifle designed prior to 1955, caliber .256 (6.5mm) or greater, up to .32 cal. Condition: as-issued, except repairs to maintain serviceability; upgrades as originally introduced that would have been typically performed by arsenal or armorer during the rifle's service life. Original-specification reproduction firearms and accoutrements are allowed. Examples: a reproduction Unertl scope on a US M-1D sniper rifle, or a reproduction bipod appropriate for a specific rifle.
• Shoot from any position: Standing, bench, prone, sitting, or kneeling. 10 rounds slow-fire and 10 rounds for rapid-fire (two targets). Unlimited sighters on an extra target if you want to print one just for that.
• Use any ammunition (including hand loads and cast bullets), unless prohibited at the range where you will shoot. For example, incendiary rounds or tracer ammo may be forbidden, due to dry conditions.
• Required equipment: Eye and ear protection.
• Optional equipment: prone mat/rug, period-type front rest (simple sandbag or rags piled on board/brick/dirt-pile, etc.,), spotting scope, non-competition glove(s), original or period-appropriate modern-repro military-style sling and field jacket, bayonet.
• Be sure to fill out all the blanks on the target forms.
• Submit as many results as you have rifles that you want to enter. One entry per rifle. Be sure to submit together for each rifle both the appropriate "Rapid Fire" and "Slow Fire" targets. Self-scoring is optional. Match director will score/re-score all targets as needed.
• Submit targets NLT May 31st, 2019 using: ▪ Email scanned images or photos: firstname.lastname@example.org ▪ Fax: 210-695-8925 ▪ USPS: 8910 Oakwood Court, San Antonio, 78240-3592 postmarked on or before that date. Questions? Call 210-385-0629 voice/text, or email email@example.com.
Allowing for slow USPS delivery, winners will be announced at the July STMTC meeting. If there are enough entries, we may have winners in several different categories, like iron sight and scoped, Allies and Triple-Entente/Axis, bench and prone, etc.
Navigate to these links for all the details and printable targets: